Shopping. There is nothing like it. That moment you walk into your home with a brand new pair of shoes that makes all those weeks/months of hard work feel so good! You know exactly what I mean. It’s important to treat yourself and spice up your wardrobe.
Everyone is different when it comes to their budget, but something that has worked for me is using my credit card points for the times I find myself shopping. I have the Blue Cash Preferred credit card from American Express and it has become my absolute favorite credit card. The annual fee is only $95 and the points you receive from your purchases are substantial.
- 6% Cash Back at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases
- 3% Cash Back at US gas stations and select US department stores.
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
As you can can see, the points are crazy good! I feel like Tina Fey everytime I checkout at the grocery store. That is how excited I get inside when I know I am racking up those points for shopping!
Jason puts our family credit card points towards our Jacobi travel adventures, but with my personal American Express card points I use it for shopping. Ladies, I highly recommend the American Express if you need a credit card for grocery shopping. I typically get about $50 cash back each month. That’s pretty good, if I don’t say so myself.
Now, we all know Newport Beach is one of the most desirable locations in CA for shopping. Jason and I typically find ourselves only going to the mall if we are grabbing a Starbucks coffee and people watching. Occasionally, we might shop but you won’t find us in the Louis Vuitton store (unless we’re dreaming big). Living in Orange County can be expensive and a lot of stores are overpriced. Overtime though, I have found some cute boutiques and stores that work with my budget.
Here below are my Top 3 Favorite Stores in Newport Beach:
- No Rest for Bridget: This cute boutique has always been one of my favorites. I discovered it in college and never turned back. If I am ever in need of a dress for a wedding or work shirts, I know No Rest for Bridget will never disappoint. What I love about No Rest for Bridget, is that it keeps my in style without burning a hole in my pocket. The store is tucked away in the small little shopping area on 17th street in Costa Mesa, and I would highly recommend visiting during the week as the weekends are crazy! NRFB is in the same area as Sidecar Donuts, which means a packed house every Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon.
- Vici Dolls: This is a new store that I discovered about 6 months ago. I came across this brand on a blogger’s feed. At first, I would just drool over their instagram posts and then after awhile I took the plunge and bought something. I absolutely loved it! They have the cutest tops like the one in the picture above. I also just bought my first pair of ripped jeans from them and I am in love. They are not only tight in the right places, but you can move freely without feeling restricted. No one likes a pair of pants that makes you hold your breath when having to sit down.
- Express: What I love about Express are their discounts. They have sales throughout the whole year! If you walk into Express and you see that there is no sale at that time, wait a few days! I promise you they will have one if you wait. I like to shop for my jeans, winter sweaters, and work clothes from Express. I have found some great steals at this tucked away Fashion Island store.
What are your favorite stores in Orange County?