August is a busy month of weddings, anniversaries, family vacations, and great beach weather! With that being said, it can be hard to plan an anniversary trip during one of the busiest months of the year. Jason and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary this Wednesday, August 9th and it happens to fall on a busy week as two of our close friends are getting married. We also had a family vacation planned at the beginning of August. So, trying to find a little anniversary celebration for the two of us was becoming difficult.
This last Thursday morning, Jason woke up at the crack of dawn and searched for a hotel on the Hotels Tonight App. We LOVE this app! It gives you amazing last-minute deals on top-rated hotels. If we are looking for a night away, we find that this app gives us better deals on the day of, rather than booking ahead of time. We also love the thrill of not knowing where we are going until we find the perfect match. Jason found an amazing deal for The Ranch at Laguna Beach. I have always wanted to stay at this resort so it worked out perfectly. We booked the room, packed our bathing suits, dresses/shorts, etc. and headed to The Ranch.
The Ranch in Laguna Beach was everything I dreamed it would be when we drove up for the first time. It has a cute, luxe, and rustic beach cabin vibe and is tucked away in Aliso Creek Canyon on PCH. This gives you an amazing country feel, but you’re also right across the street from the beach, win-win! During our stay, we enjoyed most of the hotel accommodations and amenities at The Ranch, but here below were some of our favorites…
- Complimentary Parking & Wifi
- King Size Bed: Our room offered a king size bed, which is always a treat for Jason and I as we sleep in a queen back at home.
- The Pond Pool & Bar: We enjoyed most of the day by the pool. Here we relaxed with some tropical refreshments (pictures below), and food as we were surrounded by beautiful hills. We felt like we were not in Orange County, which is always nice when you’re vacationing from home.
- Walk-In Shower: Our Canyon Room had an oversized walk-in shower that I never wanted to get out of. This is usually one of my favorite amenities when staying at a top-rated resort. I love having extra space!
- Bathrobes: Yes, this was one of my favorite amenities. I felt like a queen getting out of the shower to an AC filled room and being able to lay on the pillow-top bed in my bathrobe.
- Location: The location of The Ranch is very convenient if you want to go off the grid. Like I said before, it is right across the street from the beautiful beaches of Laguna Beach as well has multiple stores, restaurants, shopping, etc. The night of our stay, Jason and I went to dinner at Mastro’s Ocean Club in Newport Coast. It was about a 15 minute drive from The Ranch, which made it enjoyable for us as we didn’t want to drive too far.
The Ranch in Laguna has many other accommodations and actives we didn’t have time to explore including a beautiful 9 hole golf course, a sand volleyball court, The Ranch House, Sycamore Spa, etc. We can’t wait to book out next stay to experience it all. Overall, The Ranch in Laguna was the perfect anniversary get-away!