Cheers to 28 years! I celebrated my birthday this past Friday with Jason at the Fashion Island Hotel. It was the perfect way to bring in my birthday and a new year of life. The day/night was full of great conversations and memories with my best friend. There is no one in the world I would rather celebrate with than this man. Jason loves to celebrate life and he knows how to make someone feel special on their special day.
Here below are my highlights from our trip:
- Couples Massage: After we checked in, Jason and I went straight to the spa to experience our first couples massage. Let me tell you, it was amazing! We had an hour-long Swedish massage that consisted of classical music in the background, steam room, champagne, and frozen grapes. I felt renewed, refreshed, and refocused after an hour of no phones, noise, or talking. It was amazing!
- Fashion Island Shopping: We walked over to Fashion Island to shop and grab sushi during happy hour. Sushi Roku has a daily happy hour from 3-6pm and it’s always our go-to when we are out and about at Fashion Island. It’s the perfect meal to hold you until dinner. We usually pick their spicy tuna with edamame. YUM!
- Sunset from Our Suite: Jason and I had a few hours to kill and instead of walking around and spending more money, we went straight to our room to relax and watch the beautiful sunset from our patio. The Fashion Island Hotel had upgraded us to a suite which overlooked Fashion Island and the ocean. We sat outside with some rose champagne (given to us by the hotel) and soaked in the beauty of the day.
- Oak Grill Dinner: Our hot date night was absolutely perfect at the Oak Grill. We brought our own wine (didn’t have to pay a corkage fee) and we indulged in Caesar salad, pasta, sea bass, pretzel bread, and vanilla ice cream. They placed us outside on the patio which is cozy, yet roomy and also the perfect place to take in beautiful Newport Beach sunsets and the crisp ocean breeze.
- Breakfast at Pain de Monde: We thought about doing room service but instead we walked back to Fashion Island and enjoyed a delicious breakfast from Pain de Monde. It’s this cute breakfast/lunch spot tucked away behind R&D Kitchen. Omelettes and breakfast burritos filled our plates and stomach which made it the perfect place to end our one day staycation in Newport Beach.
If you are interested in treating your loved one to a romantic one-night getaway I would highly recommend looking into the Fashion Island Hotel Romantic Package. Our package included a one night stay, couples massage, and food credit to Oak Grill. It was a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day and my 28th birthday with my hot husband.
I am thankful for the love of my family, friends, and husband and I look forward to another year of life. I hope the Lord uses me to shine bright and make a difference in this lonely world.