The products I use and the way I apply my makeup have changed drastically over the years. I was laughing with my sisters the other day about products I didn’t know existed in high school, but that I now can’t live without. Now, to be fair to my generation and people who are older then me, we didn’t have Instagram or social media that exposed us to new products or bloggers who taught us new tricks and techniques. Having social media has helped a lot with new discoveries. I love watching videos and learning about new products from other bloggers. When it comes to beauty, I am more on the conservative side, as I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup. My hubby loves when I dress up, but he always asks that I look like myself. The same was for our wedding day. I think it’s important to use makeup to enhance your natural beauty, not cover it up.
Here below are some beauty products that I can’t live without…
- Primer– My favorite primer is Blurred Lines Primer by Heroes Beauty. This high-definition product is a lightweight blend of antioxidants, vitamins A, D3, E, green tea and grapeseed extracts. It feels silky on your skin, dries quickly and blurs fine lines, wrinkles and imperfections, creating a smooth youthful look. I find that it helps control my oily skin as well.
- Foundation/Powder– Glo Minerals Pressed Base Powder is the best! I discovered this product from my dermatologist as I was experiencing some adult acne (so fun). I no longer have skin problems, but I still purchase this product. It makes your skin look dewy, youthful and natural. It is easy to apply and is my go-to for work and even dressing up on the weekends.
- Powder Palette– The Ambient Lighting Palette by Hourglass is perfection. I use this product right after I apply my foundation. It gives your skin an airbrushed look. I also highly recommend using this for a photo shoot, as it looks great in a professional photo.
- Bronzer– Bronzer has become my best friend, and I don’t like wearing makeup without it. When you live in the OC, having some color on your skin is a priority. I think bronzer gives you that sun-kissed glow without sitting out in the sun all day. My favorite bronzer has been The Bronzing Powder by Bobbi Brown, but I have recently discovered the Mineral Powdered Bronzer by Heroes Beauty and I am in love. I love the shimmery glow it gives my skin, It’s perfect for the summer!
- Lips– Finding new lip colors is so much fun! I believe a lip color can change your whole look, which I find very fascinating. I have a lot of lipsticks I love, but I have been loving the Art Stick from Bobbi Brown. It’s a lip liner and lipstick all in one. I find it easy to apply and it is also very hydrating for my lips, which is a plus.
- Eyebrows– Okay, this is what I was laughing about the other day with my sisters. I use to never own a eyebrow pencil or fill in my eyebrows. What was I doing? Now I can’t leave the house without it. It’s crazy how great your eyebrows look when you fill them in. My go-to eyebrow liner is the Brow Wiz from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I am in the color soft brown, and just love how it fills those empty gaps and makes my eyebrows look nice and full.
- Mascara– Eyelashes are my favorite! I love how girly and flirty they are. I am blessed to have really long eyelashes, thank you Mom and Dad! There is nothing like some long, full eyelashes. My favorite drugstore mascara has been Lash Sensational Mascara from Maybelline. What I recently discovered, has been the Cils Booster XL Mascara Primer. This has been a game changer for my eyelashes. It not only makes my lashes longer, but it actually looks like I am wearing fake eyelashes. It is a little pricey, but I tend to only wear this on the weekend when I am dressing up.
- Blush– I don’t use a lot of blush, but I find that a little gives your skin a healthy, rosy glow. My favorite blush is the Ambient Lighting Blush by Hourglass. All of the colors are beautiful but the one that works well with my skin is Diffused Heat.
What are your favorite beauty products?